sexta-feira, 12 de abril de 2013

Resounding continuum

My mind is so full of music. The notes flow in my mental continuum, within my mental continuum, they are my mental continuum.
What am I listening to? Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto nº 3. So many recordings... Right now, listening to Martha Argerich's performance with the Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Riccardo Chailly. It's beautiful, but not exactly my kind. I guess it's a little bit slower. Well, I'm far from being an expert in classical music, or simply music, period. Sometimes I read the commentaries posted by serious listeners, and I just can't understand anything.
Music is very much like dancing to me: I love them, but I can't do them. I don't care, I enjoy both deeply and passionately. That's the way I love everything I love: deeply and passionately. And I do love Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto nº 3. I have six recordings by Vladimir Horowitz, two by Vladimir Ashkenazy, and one by Rachmaninoff himself.
Today I got Argerich's recording. Plus another one by Horowitz, the renowned 1930 performance. And also two performances of the great Emil Gilels. To close the day, Van Cliburn's outstanding interpretation in Moscow, in 1958 - that's the one I started listening right now.
I guess Horowitz will always be my favorite, unsurpassable. Because it's my first love. I fell in love with this concerto through him. It's a first and everlasting love. A very passionate and deep love.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário